Update – 24th July 2020
We have been working hard to consider every step of our procedures to ensure you are kept as safe as possible in store at Mortons Jewellers. We are still here to give you the very best experience we can, helping you with all your jewellery needs.
We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment, and our shop adheres to the National Association of Jewellers’ #StoreSafe hygiene standards, which is in sync with UK Government guidance. All our staff have completed a Covid-19 Safe awareness course.
Please do not enter our store if you have a high temperature, new constant cough or a loss of taste and smell.
Our Opening Hours have changed: (updated 24th July 2020)
Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am to 4.30pm.
These times will be reviewed and extended as soon as we are able. Sorry for any inconvenience these changes may cause.
In light of social distancing requirements:
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN BY CUSTOMERS. OUR STAFF WILL BE WEARING FACE MASKS ANY TIME THEY ARE IN FRONT OF OUR COUNTER SCREENS.
- We will be managing the number of people in our store, we may not be able to let you in if we are full. Please bear with us and queue to the right hand side of our shop front until a member of our team becomes available and will be with you as soon as possible.
- Please use our antibacterial hand sanitiser as you enter our store, you may also use your own if you prefer.
- Please respect social distancing in store.
- You will still be able to try on jewellery (the fun bit of jewellery shopping!). All stock will be cleaned after each occasion of being handled, so you can be assured all items are safe to try on. We use numerous cleaning/sterilising methods including Isopropyl wipes and gel, UV light sterilisers, steam cleaners, ultrasonic cleaners and for some delicate items having an additional 72 hour quarantine.
- Our service areas now have screens to protect you and our staff, each area also has hand sanitisers available for your use. Some staff members may wear masks and gloves whilst handling and inspecting your jewellery. Our staff will be regularly cleaning their work areas and equipment, with additional time given for them to wash their hands between customers.
- Some of our repair services and design consultations may take a little longer due to the streamlining of our behind the scenes procedures. Most repair items will require a 72 hour quarantine period.
- If you are wearing a face mask we may, for security reasons, ask you to provide identification before we allow access to our store.
- Parents are responsible for social distancing their children. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
We hope that none of these new procedures will detract from your experience of shopping with us in our store, we have been very much looking forward to seeing you all once again.